
Ethan had his two year birthday June 11th. We had cupcakes with our friend Nikki and her daughter Jovi, who we will miss dearly. They are moving next week. Its hard, but I always remember the quote, "Don't be sad we're leaving, be glad we met"

New hats, with an inspection by Lady. I looked at this picture and thought "Wow, he's getting so big" I love being at home with the boys, and know that its a few short, sweet years before things get busy with school, activities, etc.

True love! Jovi has been such a sweet playmate for Ethan. Sometimes, they will hold hands and its so precious.

Our darling Kevin, who is 5 1/2 months. He's such a wiggler, always reaching for his feet. I think he's going to be big and tall like Da da, and he has incredibly long fingers for a baby.


The garden update: Things are growing, thanks to below average summer temperatures! Here we have tomatoes and the allyssum.

Pepper plants and cherry tomatoes coming soon. One thing I learned, follow plant spacing directions. Plants need space, so they can breathe better and not get diseases. Also, be careful to not over water, which causes the leaves to curl. I love learning from my mistakes.

Blessings that have happened:
- Shaun got a new shift at work, and will start getting home around 6pm, with weekends off. It will be so nice to have a helper with the bedtime routines.
- I'm learning how to sew simple baby blankets and quilts. The internet is wonderful for supplying patterns and tutorials. The sewing machine is an amazing invention. I keep thinking of that part on Fiddler On The Roof, when the tailor is showing off his new sewing machine.
- Ethan will sit and fold his arms ( for about 20 seconds max) on our laps as we say family prayer. Consistency is the key, and the spirit comes right into the home. He also is learning Primary songs, and his favorite is "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam".
- Kevin is always smiling. I love this time when he is little and cuddly.
So that's the Hatch update for the blog! Oh, if you need a cute, funny, and clean movie, rent "New in Town". I love it. Of course, the critics blasted it, saying it was lame and made no money. The characters are great, it has a cheesy ending, but there sure are some funny parts. I get tired of the parade of crude, made for moron movies that keep coming out. "Confessions of a shopaholic" comes out this month, ( June 23) another great laugh fest! I keep trying to tell Shaun that it really is funny, and not just a mushy chick flick. Ok, enough movie blab. Thanks for reading our blog:)
3 comments:
wow, 2 years old! crazy. happy birthday buddy! and i can't believe kevin is 5 1/2 months - that went by quick! your plants look great - i look forward to having a (small) garden someday. and i wanted to see confessions of a shopoholic but never got a chance when it was in the theatre but thanks for letting me know it was out! i just called paul so he could rent it while he was out. :)
COngrats to Ethan for being a big cute two year old! It is amazing that time goes by so stinkin fast! And Kevin looks so sweet. And your garden is looking good to. Way to go on all counts :)
Both of your boys are growing so fast. That one picture of Ethan does bring out his age, he looks so much older. You have got some cute kids Erin.
Post a Comment