Friday, July 9, 2010

Fireside and polar bears!

Time to catch up! For the past month, I’ve been teaching some wonderful youth from various stakes my church songs, for a youth musical fireside. They worked hard and had fun. I would practice 9am on Sundays with the youth in my stake, then have another practice with youth in the other stake that day at 5pm. Sundays consisted of wrangling the boys to be reverent during sacrament, praying to not curse the 1pm church schedule, teach our primary class, come home at 4:30, shove food in mouth as fast as possible, take off to pick up some youth and head to practice. Busy, but for a good cause, right? :)

Well, it was a wonderful fireside, with a humble turnout. I loved practicing with the singers, getting together with old friends, singing the songs again, and seeing the youth get excited learning the music. Here’s some pics:

 IMG_7573Yea for singers! 

IMG_7581 The ‘old foggies’ shot, ha ha! This is me with my friends that I have known starting from 1995. We sang in the original choir that my buddy Seth and I put together, all the songs that were sung in this fireside.

IMG_7583

And here’s what we’re really like, the coolest dorks ever!

It was a wonderful night, and yes, we’ll be doing another fireside with the youth in my stake later this year:) I’ll keep ya posted!

I took the boys to a Polar Bear activity. It resembled a small museum, located in a mall. It was lots of fun, and great to get together with moms from church. We packed the house, (semi-long trip on fwy), prayed for non-fussy kids since it was during their quiet time, and made the quest. It was worth it, and the kids behaved very well. Ethan especially loved going in the elevator.

IMG_7617 Massive bear, Kevin happy to be free. We hung out here for a bit, while the crowd was in the other room.

IMG_7619 

This bear cave was so cute. The lights would come on, and a loud bear growl would blast, freaking the kids out. Good times.

IMG_7609

IMG_7616 Awesome glacier display!

IMG_7611 This is where the party was at, the penguin slide! The kids put some slippery penguin suits on and slid to their hearts content. It began peaceful…

IMG_7622  IMG_7623 ….but turned into wild chaos! The kids were going nuts and having a blast. I took this right before the worker came over and told us only 2 kids at a time. It was so fun to watch the kids do this:)

IMG_7630

That’s our latest, isn’t summer fun? I’ve been working so much on my photography FB fan page, (hint, hint! Go and ‘like’ my page:), remodeled the photo blog (Love it! So classy looking), that I had to take a break and do other stuff. So important to stay balanced. Hope everyone is having a good summer, it sure is flying by!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

we had a blast at the polar bear thing too. The slide was the best wasn't :) I loved the little outfits too! Missing hunging with you guys...

laura said...

I heard your fireside was wonderful--I wish I had gotten to go! You are one talented gal--thanks for sharing your gifts with all of us! How grows your garden, by the way? Miss you guys!