I have finally come up for air, and need to blog:) I’ve been studying on my forums, emailing back and forth to people, and trying to decide on many things for my photography business. I’m trying to decide between a blogsite or a blog and a website. Do I need a website in order to help the business grow or not? Another huge issue is the fact that most websites use Flash, and cannot be seen on ipads/iphones. Yet, blogs do not have flash, and can be more easily seen. Do I still go for a website, even though its hard for the growing numbers of iphone users to see, or not? Which website template to buy, the pricing, reviews and customer service of that company? How can my clients order prints online? Does the template come with a shopping cart? Ease of shopping cart use on that template? Can I order through my lab of choice, using that shopping cart? These questions and many more are what I have been asking and researching on for the past week, and I’m pooped.
The reason why this is so important is because I’ve been blessed with three holiday scheduled shoots coming up. This is my first time using my new business plan, I want to do the best I can, and I want to be prepared. Actually, the real reason? The wonderful dream? I want to help lighten the financial burden of my darling’s shoulders. I read about Alicia Caine, great photographer and businesswoman, who through her photography business helped the family pay off a load of debt, all the while being a stay at home mom, and homeschooling! Amazing. I wish that I could help somehow diminish our debt, and see my sweetie a little less burned out from working. That’s the happy thought. I love taking pictures, period. Its so fun to catch that moment, but I learned that photography is 10% pictures, and 90% business. I’ve been learning as much as I can. So, I am so very thankful for at least three shoots, that could help the business start growing. I want to give 110 % customer service, and just learn as much as I can from this experience. Whew, that was a lot of talk! So sorry, I guess I needed to get that off my chest. Thanks for listening:)
Ok, here’s what we’ve been up to! The pom poms in the Walmart craft section are wonderful. The boys have loved playing with them, putting them in cups, stacking the cups, and more.
I can’t believe how big they are getting. I love my little men so much, even with the hard days when momma is wiped out trying to understand their sweet, little minds:)
Ethan doing one of the ‘confessions’ printables, for the letter A.
I used a coupon at Michael’s and got this awesome Melissa and Doug toy. So worth it. Ethan has enjoyed it immensely! Yea, if the family is wondering what to get the boys for Christmas, anything Melissa and Doug or educational stuff will do:)
Now, a new week lies ahead of me. Last week was a little crazy, and I want to do better this week. Isn’t a blessing to have another day to be alive, to pray and try again? We’ve been blessed with some rain, rare for our area. Someone at choir last night said that its not rain, its ‘liquid sunshine’. I couldn’t agree more:)





3 comments:
Erin you are amazing for all that you are able to do! I wish I had your energy...and some of your talent would be nice! :) I love Melissa and Doug toys too! They are awesome!
Don't you just love Melissa and Doug? Such high quality and fun toys.
Learning and researching (my form of learning as a mother lately) is definitely work, but something so fun to me. I like being so well informed and researched that making the decision, whatever it may be, becomes that much easier. Love seeing pictures of your boys. :) They are adorable.
Post a Comment