Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A little bit of heaven

Last night before bedtime, the boys were having fun playing together. As Kevin gets older, this is starting to happen more, and its a joy to behold. I took a moment to rest on the couch, and watched them as they ran back and forth from the snack table to the front door, laughing the whole way. Each time they met up, they would embrace each other in a long, lasting hug. It was the sweetest thing ever.

It just made all the hard discipline times a little easier to bear. I know its been a rough three months of screaming, spitting, throwing, and lots of time outs, but I think we’re going to make it. Its going to be ok.

Its funny that we do revel in putting the kids to bed, and having a break at night from parenting, but I do love tucking them in their beds, reading some church books, or singing a song to them. A little later, my favorite thing to do is open the door and check on them. Just look at how sweet they are, and how thankful we are to have them in our home.

I held Kevin last night right before I put him to bed, and told him that he’s a son of God, he is loved very much, and that I’m trying my best to be a good mommy, but he has a perfect parent that loves him. As I held him, I just thought of this grown up man spirit, inside this little baby body. Life is eternal. We lived with our Heavenly Father and Jesus before we were born. There is a purpose to our life on earth. This I know to be true, but holding a baby brings that reminder close to my heart.

Wonderful thought:)

“Sincerely giving thanks not only helps us recognize our blessings, but it also unlocks the doors of heaven and helps us feel God’s love.”

—President Thomas S. Monson

Have a good day, everyone!

4 comments:

Bethany said...

I, too, love checking on them while they sleep. So sweet. It's one of my favorite times of the day. :)

Tracy Mills said...

That is so sweet Erin!

Kerri said...

Yeay! So happy for you! Aren't those times the best ever! I think Heaven must be motherhood, but only the best, happy parts. And don't they look absolutely angelic when sleeping??

Lealani said...

What a sweet blog post! I look forward to when my kids are able to share fun times together like your boys.