Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sleeping Ethan

I love it when 6pm rolls around each day. I turn on my 'child's prayer' bedtime CD. I put Ethan into a bath, sit on the floor next to him and let him play for a bit. I teach him how to splash, and then regret it as I grab towels to clean up.:) I dry him off with his ducky towel, get his pjs on, and sit with him in the recliner in his room. We have about twenty minutes of sitting together with a sippy cup of milk and his blanket. Its so special because he holds still on my lap and plays with my hair. Today, he skipped his afternoon nap so he was especially tired. He practically fell asleep in my arms, and its those moments that I cherish being a Mom. I think one of the greatest things we can do for our kids is hold them and let them feel your love for them. It gives them security and great peace.

5 comments:

Angela said...

Hey Erin! Ethan has such beautiful blue eyes. To post a video, I just go to the compose tab when you are doing a new post or editing a post. Then there are two icons in the same area as the font options, etc. One if for posting videos and the other for posting pictures - called add image. Just click on the video one and choose what file to upload. It takes a while to load and sometimes you have to try more than once but it's pretty easy to do. And you can post more than one picture in each post if that helps. Just click on add another image when you are uploading your pictures. You can load five at a time. Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions. Glad to hear you are doing well and hope everything goes well with the new baby!

Angela said...

Nope, you can just upload it straight from your computer. Just browse out to wherever you have it stored on your computer and load it from there. It's the same with pictures too.

Nathan and Alyssa said...

What a precious family you have! I have to agree that those quiet moments of motherhood are the most sweet. You must be such a good mommy.

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

Don't you love that? Love being a mom. I can't think of anything else I would rather be.

Jean Bean said...

Erin, you are such a beauty. Such a beautiful woman. Such a beautiful human being. Such a beautiful example. Thank you, my love.