Thursday, November 13, 2008

Cold question for Ethan?

Hi everyone! So Ethan has a cold. He's 17 months old, and I was wondering if its okay to give him orange juice. I seriously just don't know, so I'm asking anyone who knows. I had the humidifier going in his room last night, bulb syringe, and having him drink other fluids. Its amazing how our little darlings can tear our hearts out when they are sick. He seems to be doing better today, but I just want to give him good things. We finally found some warmer pjs for him at Sam's Club, the full body outfits. Its going to get colder in January, planning ahead.
Thanks so much!

5 comments:

Allen said...

Erin,

Can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be okay to give him OJ. He'll need the Vitamin C. Just be careful, because if he has a raw throat, the OJ can burn and he might not like that. If he's having trouble keeping anything down, you can try Pedialyte. If he hates that (Both Riley and Emma did), try Gatorade. Same stuff.

If nothing else, you can also get the gerber drinkable yogurts. We never had any problem getting anyone to drink those.

Lana said...

I have no idea whether O.J. is good for little guys or not, but I just want to say I think you are such a good mommy! It'll be really cool when you guys move closer. Hope everything's going well with little Kevin, I'm excited for him to make his appearance in the world :)

Angela said...

I think it would be okay for him to drink Orange Juice. And for another tip. If it gets cold at night and you want him to stay warm without worrying about extra blankets in his crib, use wearable blankets or sleep sacks. You've probably heard of them. But they are great. I've used them with Matthew alot. But I guess I do live in a much colder climate than you do. =) Hope Ethan gets better soon.

Angela said...

Also another tip. If his nose is really chapped and it's hard to suction out, use saline nose drops. We use the "Little Noses" kind. Kids don't always like this but it helps loosen up the mucous in the nose so it is easier to suction out.

Melany said...

penny got a fever the other day because she had some vaccinations and you're right, it does tear your heart out to see them sick!

i know, breaking dawn is a little weird but i liked it so much better the second time i read it.

hope you're feeling well!!