Monday, December 1, 2008

Gotta tell you about this!

Have you heard of family indexing? Its an easy way to do family history work from your home, on the internet. The December 2008 Ensign has an article about it in the news section. I went to the website, downloaded the stuff to get started (after spending 30 minutes on the phone with a nice technician, since my windows vista gave me problems) and I'm looking at a Census from 1920! I'm still learning about what I'm doing, but you copy the names, dates, family info, etc, from the census and type it in your batch to be sent in. From there, the names are easily found and the work can go on for them. I just got an overwhelming feeling of peace doing this. I thought "These names are people who lived, and who are in the spirit world waiting for their temple work to be done. They probably can see what I'm doing right now and are rejoicing." What sweet and simple service can be done with this new program. How amazing the internet is and what great things can be accomplished today. If anyone wants to do a little family history work and help someone out in the spirit world, here you go:
http://www.familysearchindexing.org

2 comments:

Sarah Stout said...

I LOVE INDEXING!! It is the perfect way to do family history a little here and a little there. I am glad you have enjoyed it so much!

Nathan and Alyssa said...

You are Inspirational! I'm going to look at that article. Thanks for sharing that experience. Family History seems so daunting, so it's nice to hear that it can be so simple.