Thursday, July 16, 2009

Our dream

Kevin is so strong, holding his head up so proudly:) Six months old, I think teething, but always has a smile on his face for us.
I couldn't decide which one I liked more. Ethan and I were looking for airplanes, one of his favorite things to do. He looked up at me for a split second, and I got him!
Shaun and I have a dream. We dream of Shaun not having to work 6 days a week to have enough for the bills, and to have him home more with the family. Who doesn't have this dream, I know. This is our goal; get out of the apartment and into a home, thus cutting down our rent considerably. The homes for sale now are incredibly low, and it would help us save each month by paying a low mortgage than a high rent for this little apartment. A yard for our dog and Ethan, wow! Once that is accomplished, next year Shaun will start nursing school. So begins the 2 year quest of living on student loans, supporting Shaun, etc. After that goal is reached, instant hiring, seriously. There are high demands for nurses, and the salary difference from paramedics is wonderful. Then, after all that, maybe we can go on a little vacation, oh the joy. So that is our dream. In the meantime, I am studying photography, enjoying my growing boys, and trying new recipes. I've been playing more piano in church, which I love. I wish I could write more, but Kevin is awake, and nap time is over. All is good, at least the kids slept for 2 hours, blessings:) Hope everyone is doing well!

5 comments:

Kamey V said...

I promise, it gets better. Good luck with everything!!

Cardalls said...

I so remember the days of being poor students with two little kids! It may be the most simple and least complicated days of the rest of your lives. Enjoy the simplicity while you can!

Jean Bean said...

You are such an inspiration, Erin. I really mean that. You have a way to explain how life really is - simple and hard and sweet and full. I love you for all that you are...and I KNOW that dream is going to come true for you!! It's wonderfully righteous. Miss you, sweet Deliah.

Balm4th said...

awww naptime. I remember being so happy when my little ones were asleep. :-D

Lana said...

Keep working towards your dreams dude. I know you'll get there! :)