Lately, I have fallen in love with learning. Maybe its because life has slowed down a bit, and I'm home with my boys, which I love. One thing I've discovered is books. I find myself searching for treasures in the book section at DI, and renting from the library. I'm reading Pride and Prejudice, and I think Jane Austen was a great author. Reading her works is like opening a window to another time, and I learn tons of new vocabulary. My favorite movie to watch on my Ipod at night is Sense and Sensibility.(the Hugh Grant one) Poetry, where has that been all my life? It sounds so beautiful to read out loud softly, hearing the sounds of the words tumble out your mouth. Sewing, a brand new hobby for me, and my favorite, photography. I'm not sure what started it, but I have learned some great stuff in the past few months, and I wanted to pass it on. So here is a variety of good links for anyone interested:)
Becky Earl Photography
This is the blog of an incredibly humble and giving woman. Becky is a young mother who has studied photography on her own for the past two years. Her work is amazing and beautiful! The great thing is this; she shares her knowledge with you, in a 'pay it forward' manner, on her blog. I learned how to create better b/w photos in photoshop from her, and more from her Question and Answer section. I am forever grateful for the kindness of this woman.
Ilovephotography.com A huge wealth of learning on this forum. Tutorials, critiquing from professials, tons of info to help better you in photography, no matter what level your at.
I learned how to sew a simple baby blanket here.
Make it and Love it- Again, another great woman who shares her knowledge with you, in step by step pictures. So many cute little crafts, sewing projects, sewing tips, the list goes on.
Sweet Pork Tacos with Cilantro Lime Slaw This recipe is out of this world! A crock pot dish, but the star of the show is the coleslaw. I make it with red cabbage, and I add extra lime juice than what the recipe calls for. That's the secret, extra lime juice to sweeten up that slaw, very yummy.
Other small conquests of joy; learning how to convert a file to PDF form, use a dishwasher ( I know, I'm a little behind) enlarge my pictures on my photography blog,(making the blog look somewhat professional:) how to roll out store bought bread dough, (its hard! It keeps shrinking back to its original form, ha ha!) and how to make one word links for this post. (here)
Robert D. Hales said a great quote:
“A
few of the basic attributes needed to
become a lifelong learner are courage,
faithful desire, humility, patience,
curiosity, and a willingness to communicate
and share the knowledge that
we gain. . . .
“My dear sisters, don’t ever sell yourself
short as a woman or as a mother.
. . . Do not let the world denigrate,
or limit your feelings of lifelong
learning and the values of motherhood
in the home—both here mortally and
in the eternal learning and benefits
you give to your children and to your
companion.
“Lifelong learning is essential to
the vitality of the human mind, body,
and soul. It enhances self-worth and
self-actuation. Lifelong learning is
invigorating mentally and is a great
defense against aging, depression, and
self-doubt” (“The Journey of Lifelong
Learning,” in Brigham Young University
2008–2009 Speeches [2009], 2, 8–9).
So go and learn something new this week:)
Super Simple Easel Activities For PreK
3 weeks ago





2 comments:
I'm glad you shared all of this great information! Learning new things is the best...you've inspired me...I have so much I still need to learn!
Ill let you do all the learning and reading for me "I hate to read".
Post a Comment