Brian, the funny man.
Big college man, Derek.
Mom and son, ahhh.
I'm so glad I took these pics, because I messed up royally on my manual settings, but learned from my mistakes. These were the only ones I could salvage. I took these in the morning, looked at them and said "what the heck?!", studied on ILP, and tried again in the afternoon. I took pictures of Ethan and Kevin, and those are what you see in a few posts back. Love learning from mistakes, yea!Ethan's hospital adventure:
August 28th, Friday morning, Ethan wasn't doing so good. I had to shake him a few times to awake him, and his breathing was bad. His chest went in deeply in and out. I called Shaun and explained his symptoms. Shaun said he was retracting, and called an ambulance over pronto. Shaun was at work, but came home quickly. (Shaun's a paramedic at AMR. Its such a blessing to have a medic husband.) Being the newbie mom, I didn't know that Ethan's condition was that serious, but I knew something was wrong. I was so glad that I had just finished feeding Kevin, because the medics from NLV came really fast. They had Ethan take his shirt off, and listened to his breathing. Well, Ethan started crying, and Kevin was on the floor crying. I held Ethan and helped the medics do some breathing treatments on him. The young, Australian medic picked up Kevin and tried to calm him. He said he needed the practice since he and his wife are expecting. Cute. They took Ethan on the gurney out to the ambulance, not strapped down but sitting up. I got Kevin in his car seat, and filled a bag with drinks, snacks, Ethan's shirt, shoes, not knowing how long he would be at the hospital. I checked on Ethan in the ambulance, and was blown away at his composure. He wasn't crying anymore, and was holding the mask to his mouth, sitting all by himself. He saw me come in and said “Hi, Mama.” He was acting so mature for his little 2 year old self. I saw Shaun fly in, and he jumped into the truck. All the medics there knew him from work. I followed the truck over to Summerlin hospital, and Shaun stayed there all day with Ethan. Ethan got RSV. That afternoon, Ethan got a blessing from Shaun and a friend from church. He did much better from the meds, and he was released that night to come home. Huge blessing. Shaun was pooped from spending all day in a little room, trying to keep the IV in Ethan. Hospitals are no fun for toddlers and dads:) That afternoon, Ethan got a blessing from Shaun and a friend from church. So that was Ethan's day at the hospital. I have to do breathing treatments every day, so thankful for a nebulizer, and insurance. I'm also thankful for the outpouring of love and prayers from everyone through facebook, the phone, and my sweet neighbor who followed me in the car, asking what she could do to help.
August 28th, Friday morning, Ethan wasn't doing so good. I had to shake him a few times to awake him, and his breathing was bad. His chest went in deeply in and out. I called Shaun and explained his symptoms. Shaun said he was retracting, and called an ambulance over pronto. Shaun was at work, but came home quickly. (Shaun's a paramedic at AMR. Its such a blessing to have a medic husband.) Being the newbie mom, I didn't know that Ethan's condition was that serious, but I knew something was wrong. I was so glad that I had just finished feeding Kevin, because the medics from NLV came really fast. They had Ethan take his shirt off, and listened to his breathing. Well, Ethan started crying, and Kevin was on the floor crying. I held Ethan and helped the medics do some breathing treatments on him. The young, Australian medic picked up Kevin and tried to calm him. He said he needed the practice since he and his wife are expecting. Cute. They took Ethan on the gurney out to the ambulance, not strapped down but sitting up. I got Kevin in his car seat, and filled a bag with drinks, snacks, Ethan's shirt, shoes, not knowing how long he would be at the hospital. I checked on Ethan in the ambulance, and was blown away at his composure. He wasn't crying anymore, and was holding the mask to his mouth, sitting all by himself. He saw me come in and said “Hi, Mama.” He was acting so mature for his little 2 year old self. I saw Shaun fly in, and he jumped into the truck. All the medics there knew him from work. I followed the truck over to Summerlin hospital, and Shaun stayed there all day with Ethan. Ethan got RSV. That afternoon, Ethan got a blessing from Shaun and a friend from church. He did much better from the meds, and he was released that night to come home. Huge blessing. Shaun was pooped from spending all day in a little room, trying to keep the IV in Ethan. Hospitals are no fun for toddlers and dads:) That afternoon, Ethan got a blessing from Shaun and a friend from church. So that was Ethan's day at the hospital. I have to do breathing treatments every day, so thankful for a nebulizer, and insurance. I'm also thankful for the outpouring of love and prayers from everyone through facebook, the phone, and my sweet neighbor who followed me in the car, asking what she could do to help.





2 comments:
ha those pics of the fam are funny.
poor ethan! glad he's doing better. so stressful for you!
I'm so glad that Ethan's ok. You're such a great friend. Thanks for everything.
Post a Comment