I must write this down while its fresh in my head! I had the blessing of attending a zone conference this morning for one of the Las Vegas missions. ( I think there are two of them) The sister missionaries in my ward asked if they could perform one of my songs, and if I could accompany them. In the past week, we had two practices with about 18 other elders and the sisters. I loaded up the boys and traveled down to a stake center to practice. Ethan loved being around the elders up close. He's only seen them ride their bikes past our apartment. He wandered around the room, and I taught the music to the missionaries. Kevin was fussy, so I held him on my lap and played piano with one hand. The missionaries loved the music, and treated me like a rock star. They are so silly and kind. I was thankful just to be around missionaries and have the chance to visit their zone conference, taking me back to my mission days in Florida.
Well, today was the conference, and the morning was hectic. I had little time to feed both kids breakfast, get Sunday dressed for conference, take the boys to my blessed babysitter, ( who was a lifesaver). I then traveled down to the Pecos and Osage ward building, and sat inside a room full of missionaries. They all looked so great and so young. Suits and ties everywhere, scriptures in hand, notebooks in the other. The work in Vegas is booming, big baptism numbers. Their mission president said some great counsel. "Lift where your planted", doing your best in whatever area you are transferred to, obedience, and more. I sat next to a kind elder who explained some of the new terminolgy to me. A huge tongan elder and his tiny companion sang beautifully "Come Thou Font" accapella. A few more talks, and then I was up with my choir of missionaries. They did such a great job singing the harmonies to my atonement song. They stood close in clusters reading the music. Strong, peaceful spirit. I got many handshakes and thank yous on my way out. I felt so spoiled to be there today, to kneel in prayer with 30 missionaries, and to share the music Heavenly Father has given me. I just want to be an instrument in His hands. I left that meeting with a greater desire to study the Book of Mormon, and treasure the gospel truths we have. I hope my boys will serve missions one day, and be as excited about life as these missionaries are.
Super Simple Easel Activities For PreK
3 weeks ago





3 comments:
That is exciting. I want to hear your song please!
I am excited for you. The Atonement song will always have a special place in my heart!! I love you!!!
My older brother served in Las Vegas. The strip was the dividing point of his mission. So it is pretty cool to go where he served.
Post a Comment