
We closed on our home last week, and are moving in this Thursday! Its a dream, but its almost here. I am so thankful to my dear visiting teacher, who babysat for us last week. It was a little rough, Shaun and I were burning out from no vacation since Kevin's blessing, constant 6 days a work for Shaun, and trying to make last minute plans for closing. I had the hardest time having Christlike thoughts. You know when you should be thinking good thoughts, but you just don't have the strength? It happens to us sometimes:) I wanted so badly to have family near by that would kindly take the kids so Shaun and I could have a getaway. Neither Shaun or I have family in Nevada. The only grandparent we have is Shaun's dad, who lives far away. So, with the few but blessed moments of my relatives stopping by on their way to Utah and back, its just us. Hence, the reason why we love having friends over for dinner. We were planning on attending the temple, but were both in rotten moods and cancelled it. Out of nowhere, I missed my mom terribly and broke into tears, such an emotional basket case. I called my VT and cancelled our babysitting to attend the temple. She came over anyways with a book, and chatted with me. I was a little confused. Shaun promptly put Ethan to bed, and herded me to the door. I thought we were just taking the trash out together, but realized that my husband is an angel. I ran to quickly change out of my stay at home mom clothes, and put on something decent. Shaun took me on a surprise date to Panda Express. We sat outside at a table, eating heavenly orange chicken. To have that short hour with Shaun only, no teething Kevin or temper Ethan, was pure bliss. I know we can't go on any vacations right now, all the money went to the house, but we will sometime next year. That little date helped me make it through the week. The next night, we closed on our house. (My VT was babysitting again. We didn't know there was a notary involved, and we needed my drivers licence. VT scanned my licence, emailed it to the office, and saved our lives. She could get translated any moment, such kindness!) Now, we get the keys today, and Shaun will move like crazy with our friends.
Please forgive the emotional venting on this post, I will be more positive next time. Pictures of house coming soon!
Please forgive the emotional venting on this post, I will be more positive next time. Pictures of house coming soon!





3 comments:
Hang in there Erin! I wish I could be there to help you move and to watch your cute little boys for you. Congratulations on the upcoming house! I'm so excited for you!
I wished we lived nearer and could help. I do like stopping by on the way to Utah. We sure go a lot!!! I can't wait to see your house on our next trip. We'll be stopping by on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.
And remember, whenever you can get away for vacation, you're always welcome at our house!
Aw Erin, I wished we lived closer. I'm so glad you guys bought a house. It's stressful but good. Hang in there! :)
Post a Comment