Saturday, January 16, 2010

Blessings of 2009

One of the blessings of last year; this book! (Can't seem to copy and paste it to where I want in the post, oh well) This is one of the best parenting books ever! Its basically how Heavenly Father would parent; giving kids choices, helping them to think things through themselves, its fabulous!

Looking back, last year gave us wonderful blessings. Here's some of the highlights:
  • January 5- Kevin was born! After 13 hours of labor, he finally arrived at Summerlin hospital, but stayed for 3 days in NICU, due to junk in his stomach. Shaun and I had the humble experience of waiting for our little one to get better and come home.
  • March- Shaun and I celebrated our third year of eternal bliss. I love being married to my best friend, who can crack me up into tears on a daily basis, and loves his boys with all his heart:)
  • June- I had the sacred blessing of composing a new church song. My ward was having a talent show, and I wanted to play some ragtime music on the piano for it. I was practicing good for a few weeks each day, which is when the song came. He only seems to give me some new music when I am being productive with the piano gift he's given me. I am forever thankful. Its called "Holy Temple" and I'm recording it next month with some dear friends being my singers. You'll hear it soon, I promise:)
  • November- We moved into our first home, with a large backyard, and open living room. Ethan has been running laps through the kitchen, library room and into the living room ever since. We love our home so much!
  • This DVD is a gold. This is the reason why Ethan knew his letters and sounds by the age of 2. When I nursed Kevin frequently, I put this on for Ethan. He loved it, and learned fast. Awesome find! Its dirt cheap on Amazon.com


Fun, lightroom vintage preset.
My darling boys sure love the doggie door! My goal is to get more pics of them together like this, I love them! So from the pediatrician's report, Ethan is above average for his size (2 1/2 years old) and Kevin is below average ( 1 year old) Basically, Ethan will be huge like Shaun and Kevin will be puny like me, ha ha.

Kevin turned one this month! We just got over colds, so we'll celebrate with cupcakes soon, I promise, little Kevin! When it comes to eating, Kevin is a goat and sticks everything into his mouth. He still can't sit up on his own or be in a highchair, but he scoots across the floor so fast. Ethan's latest passion is doing laundry. I'll sit on the carpet near him, and let him enjoy putting the clothes in the washer, then the dryer, then the washer, and so on. He loves it.
I'm grateful for a new year, with new goals and dreams to accomplish with my dear family. Shaun will be my wonderful assistant in the new gardening plans, which will have its own post soon. Lots of learning about drip irrigation! My brain is going to explode from all the good youtube videos. I've been getting up early for scriptures and just gaining some peace of mind for the day, its been wonderful. At least I'm accomplishing one goal. That's it, just do baby steps, one goal at a time. This will be a great year for everyone! The possibilities for goodness are endless, just keep praying:)




1 comment: