Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Kevin's first haircut

First, I have shared this recipe with many friends, and its always been a hit. If you've never tried roasted broccoli before, its insanely good. HERE is Ina Garten's recipe. I've never made it with pine nuts or basil, and I only use the zest of a lemon. I think lemon juice can be a little strong sometimes.
It was Hatch hotel last weekend for my dear friend, Erin. She cut Kevin's hair for me, and I tried very hard to watch and learn, as I still struggle to get this down. He really needed a haircut, as you could see in the vacation pics, and now, he looks so darling and grown up. Gotta love finding Old Navy shirts at DI, yes!

Finally, at 14 months, he can pull himself up. That's my big boy!
Just a little cute post for the day:) I'm learning again this week the importance of slowing down, in everything. Sometimes, I am rushing through the house, changing diapers, filling sippy cups, getting food ready for hungry kids, and I'm exhausted and frazzled. I tell myself, 'what the heck is the rush for? Slow down, and be calmer' Its a simple lesson, but one I keep learning over again. I'm just trying to enjoy the simple moments of childhood before they grow so fast. Here's to another day of trying!

3 comments:

tavia said...

oh he look like a littl man,hes so cute!

Lana said...

Erin, I totally know what you mean about rushing around and needing to slow down. It's hard to do, but we deserve a break every now and then! ANd Kevin's hair looks adorable :)

Tracy said...

Oh Erin. I should have known you had a blog! I am totally going to add you to my list so that I can keep up with you via blog. You are a fabulous photographer by the way! So fun! Luves!