I love food, and I love to cook. It started around college and went full throttle when I entered marriagedom. I saw Giada De Laurentis’s show, “Everyday Italian”, on the food network back in 2006, and I became a food network junkie. Love pasta, ohhh, pasta:)
So, I try new recipes every week, post them on Facebook for fun, amazed at how many friends respond about the recipes, and glad to share good stuff to others. Here is something I made for the boys today, and it turned out pretty yummy. Tis the season for endless watermelon!
Strawberry Watermelon Slushies
recipe from ourbestbites.com
2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
1 pint fresh strawberries, halved ( 2 cups?)
1/3 C sugar
1/3 C fresh lemon juice
2-4 C ice cubes
In a blender or food processor, add the watermelon, strawberries, sugar and lemon juice; cover and pulse on high until smooth.
While the blender is running, slowly add ice cubes until desired consistency is reached. Pour into glasses (plastic cups at our house) and serve immediately.
The recipe goes on to say that you could use this for popicles, which sounds so good.
The kids loved this. I took some frozen strawberries from the freezer and let them thaw a little bit. Yea for a good drink!





1 comment:
sounds yummy!
Post a Comment