Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Behind the scenes of the wedding weekend!

 

What a busy and fun weekend! I forgot how much work goes into a reception, loading stuff from the car to the church, setting up chairs and tables, details, and more details. I had a nice break from changing diapers, to staying with the groom’s sweet family, in their house packed with family for the wedding. People slept everywhere! I had a glimpse of what life is like with a family of 8 kids. Lots of laughter, girls singing to Disney movies, and guitar playing till 1am. Family reunions are fun:)

Here’s some snippets from the events:

My favorite one of Rudy and Jaime. I convinced Jamie to do her hair and makeup the night before the wedding, so we could get some great couple shots, since the other pictures were taken at high noon. I took them to the temple around 7pm. So glad I did, because we would not have gotten this shot in this lighting, on the wedding day. Beautiful.

IMG_0361 copy

Rudy’s family is one awesome, loving family. Younger brother Sam was a pure delight, with his enthusiasm for life, silly humor, and hard work.

IMG_0040

Getting those magical lights up…

IMG_0014

… so it could look like this in the end. This is what all our labor went to; chairs, tables, etc.

IMG_1076

The centerpieces were so sweet, picture strips of the engagement pictures I took:)

IMG_1109

A special table was set up with huge prints of my pictures, and my laptop slideshow of the wedding pictures. (I was out in the foyer earlier that day, on a couch, editing a few for the reception.)

IMG_1108

The yummiest water ever!

IMG_1295

Paul, a mission friend of Rudy’s, a.k.a Michael Buble. Seriously, he sounded exactly like him, and sang incredible.

IMG_1424

The admiring fan club, even though he’s a but old for them, but when you sing that good, who cares, right? :)

IMG_1290

Cute kids that made me miss my boys.

IMG_1299

My friend, BJ with his photo toys. During the reception, we went outside and had some mini sessions. Lots of fun! The lighting was perfect, so it had to be done:)

IMG_1220

Our magazine shoot with pretty boy!

IMG_1226

Sweet brother and sister shot.

IMG_1264 copy

No reception would be complete without the car destruction posse!

IMG_1484

As the reception was wrapping up, I came out and beheld this. I went nearly hysterical with joy and begged the bride’s sister and her husband to be my volunteers. I had to act fast, as the lighting changes so quickly at this time of day. I just learned about sunflare from Jeanna Haye’s lighting class, and have wanted to practice it more.

IMG_1648

So fun!

IMG_1651 copy

Gorgeous evening sky!

IMG_1681

The honeymoon departure!

IMG_1706

And somewhere through all of this, I got a picture with sweet Jaime:) Love my shirt from Target!

IMG_1500

And then it was time to come home. I found my wonderful husband and two loving kids in the double stroller, waiting in the baggage claim for me. They were content eating snacks and strapped in, to not be lost in the sea of humanity at an airport. Love my family. Back to reality of fussy kids and impatient toddlers, but its ok. I’d take that any day:)

5 comments:

Christina Blood said...

Love it! I have so many questions... but where to start! Lol! Did you use a flash in the chapel? What equipment did you use? We will start there. Thanks for sharing!

Jason & Claire said...

What a great weekend. What a sweet photographer you are...you helped move all the table and chairs? Glad you're home with you boys;)

Tracy said...

What a beautiful wedding. You did a great job photographing it!

Ruth said...

Erin! thanks for posting about my brother's wedding. Thanks for all your hard work, you're an amazing photographer and I'll be happy to refer you to any of my friends any day!
Have a great day!
Ruth (Rudy's sister)

BJ said...

Erin, you were such a trooper! My patents were very impressed with you, and like always you took some great pics. I hope we can get together soon for another little photo session. It was fun!