(Quick side note: In case you missed the facebook ad, I’m doing some holiday mini photo sessions, and I’m super excited about them! Click HERE for more details on my photo blog.)
It all started when I read my friend’s status on Facebook of her success in potty training her boy. After talking with her, I got inspired to make some changes with Ethan’s potty training. We’ve been training for about three months, got tinkling down great, but still struggling with poop. For quiet time when Ethan was younger, we’ve had to lock the door to keep him in his room, because he’s so very active. Its worked great, and he would always take a super nap, yet poop in his pullups while he sleeps. Well, time to make some changes.
So, on Monday this week, I went fully to underwear, no more pullups for nighttime and naptime. I stopped locking the door at quiet time and night time. I explained to him that we want to poop in the toilet, not in our underwear anymore, because, simply, its time to really be a big boy! Plus, Mama’s done with the poopy pullups. Amazingly, its worked. He started going poop in the toilet on his own accord, and its been a dream. I’m still in shock that the poopy pullups are gone, that we have a tad more money now for food, and that he’s just getting older and more grown up.
On the other hand, we have to help him remember that even though the door is unlocked, we need to stay in our rooms for quiet time. I explain to him the best I can to come out only to use the potty. This one has been a bit challenging, as he comes out a lot saying he needs to poop, after he already went poop in the toilet. Yeah right. Yet, I feel that this will just take some time to transition to. Now, at 6:30 am, I am working on the computer, and I hear little footsteps in the bathroom, and a triumphant “I went poop!” sound out. I go give him a big hug, and tell him its still dark and not time to come out yet. He’s getting there.
So, it was great to wait until he was older to start training, and I sure have learned a lot for Kevin’s potty training further down the road. I’m am extremely grateful for just the fact that he’s got it, he’s potty trained, and we survived that ride!





2 comments:
Yay! I'm still waiting to be able to say "he's potty trained," but I look forward to that day very much! I got excited for you when I saw the title "potty training breakthrough." Hooray!
Done with one battle, on to the next, eh? :) Good luck with quiet time!
So great! I say when it clicks, it clicks and then they just seem to take off with only minor mishaps (in my case they were usually my fault) along the way. I am hoping that within these next few months it will "click" for Lucy as I don't want to be buying diapers for two babies if i don't have to. But I can't be the one to decide, can I? LOL.
Post a Comment