Just a little post of goodness for today. All this week, I've been nursing the boys with their colds. Today, they are doing better. Ethan watched more TV than I usually allow, to help him not run around and get so worked up. Poor Kevin was fussier than his usual self. I did my best balancing taking care of both boys. At times, Kevin would just lay on the ground, face down, crying. It broke my heart. I picked him up, sat in the recliner/rocker chair we have, held him and sang to him. I think that was the best medicine I could have given him. I thought about how these children are our treasures, our gifts from Heavenly Father. How blessed I am to be a mom to these handsome, smart, endearing little gods in embryo. They need love, all the time. Guidance, discipline, all with love. They look to us for everything, and praising them makes their sweet, little faces light up so bright. Its so easy to praise them, and it gives so much back in return. I just love being at home, helping them through the day, giving them as much as I can. I know at times I get a little cabin fever and need to get out sometimes, but I'm so thankful to spend my days with these little men. I hope they will have wonderful memories of their early years in this humble home of ours.
PS: Just learned how to do this spiffy signature thing:)
4 comments:
Your boys are lucky to have you as their mom! It's very clear how much you love them.
Love the new signature thing! :)
You are such a good mama :)
I love having those insights into raising our precious kids! These years are so fleeting, we won't even have them little in the eternities. Kevin as a baby will only happen once...right now! I'm grateful for those times I recognize my kids as a blessing not a nuisance! I think you are a fantastic mamma! I have seen you in action, and I know for a fact that Ethan and Kevin are a couple of really lucky bugs to have you for a mom! (and I'm lucky to have you for a friend!) Love you!
And I love the spiffy new signature thing!
You are so inspiring! And those little boys are lucky to have such a mother as you. :) Glad I could find your blog, too.
Post a Comment