Friday, October 17, 2008

Good baby food ideas

I've been trying new foods out for Ethan and trying to solve his constipation. He keeps having hard poop and that's no fun. I did research and read to keep feeding him a variety of fruits and vegetables. Also, to be careful and not let him get too full on drinks, thus not eating a good meal. Oops:) Here's some cool things I'm doing:
  • Use frozen veggies! They are already chopped up (peas, cut green beans, zucchini slices), won't go bad because they're frozen, and so convienent. I steam or microwave them up, and then they are good finger foods for some snacks. Ethan also loves grapes, as long as I cut them up small to avoid choking.
  • I found a easy and tasty little cheese sauce from Anabel Karmel's Superfoods for Babies and Children book. Its great to mix with veggies, veggies and chopped chicken (rotissirie for more easiness) pasta or rice with all above mixed in. It tasted so good! All you need is 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon flour, 1 cup of milk, and grated cheese of any kind. You melt the butter over medium low heat (don't want to burn it) then add the flour and whisk together. Add the milk, bring it to a boil, then simmer for 2 minutes. After that, add however much cheese you like and whisk all together. That's it.

That's all I have for now, but if anyone else has good baby/toddler food ideas, or ways to solve constipation, please comment! :)

3 comments:

Kamey V said...

Thanks for the ideas. I don't know anymore ideas. I've been trying to get Makeila to not be constipated either. I hope this works. Thanks!!!

Angela said...

I would try cranberry juice, prunes, and maybe plums? But I'm not positive. It's worth a try though!

BJ said...

My friends the Martin's had this problem with their son. Everytime I came for a visit he pooped, but once a week wasn't often enough. I think for a while they were mixing a little bit of mineral oil in his food, but he really likes prunes so...