Friday, August 14, 2009

Family coming, yea!

Our little man sleeping so well, seven months old!

Safe in the arms of da-da
Our gently dog, Lady. She's always been so great with the boys.

Our big man, the adventurous toddler! We try to spend time outside and let him play in the dirt, and be a boy. ( For anyone who's as insane about photography as me, this last picture was the first picture I took in raw format. I switched to raw because it gives you more control over the editing details, better color, and more. I'm just scratching the surface of the raw universe, but I love it)



Well, I'm still stumped on my blog issue. The only way I could do this post is by using Explorer instead of Firefox. I am emailing a Blog doctor I found online, and we'll see if there is light at the end of the tunnel.
On a happier note, my aunt, uncle and cousins are coming through town tomorrow morning. Shaun and I don't have large families, so its always great to see some family. My cousin is going to college in Utah, big man leaving the home. Vegas is always the pit stop, and I love it!
Its been an intense month of learning photography for me, along with learning 5 classical songs on the piano. I'm accompanying violin students for their recital in December. I've got 2 songs down so far, yea! So, with all this on my plate, I'm trying to spend better quality time with Ethan. Do you find when your kids are fussy, sometimes its because they want your undivided attention? :) That's what I'm trying to do better. This morning during Kevin's nap, Ethan and I played outside with water. We filled up his wagon, played with cups and spray bottles, and let him get wet. He loved it, especially squirting my toes with the pray bottle, and he's been in a happier mood today. Simple lessons for newbie moms like me:) I love my boys so much.

6 comments:

Bethany said...

Yup, I've found that too. Usually when it seems like Jeffy is especially fussy, it's because I'm focusing on what I want to be doing instead of what he wants/needs and the best thing is for me to stop and spend some time with him. I just have to remind myself every so often!

Jessica said...

Isn't it wonderful when something so simple makes life much more enjoyable :) I have had the lesson taught to me... over and over and over. You'd think I'd have figured it out by now! I love your pictures, when you get raw figured out you have to teach me! Have a blast with your family!!!!

Lindsay said...

You are such a good mom, Erin...the pictures are so great too!

BJ said...

Erin you make me so jealous with your music and photo skillz! and your two boys have the best mom.

If firefox is still acting wonky, go to the control panel, click uninstall a program and remove firefox from your computer. Then go to www.getfirefox.com and download and install. sometimes it takes a firm hand with computers to bend them to your will!

BJ said...

are you shooting in Manual mode? I like apreture, and if the shutter drags too much I raise the ISO.

The pictures from the concert are all without flash. I switched to center weighted metering, which tells the camera to base the exposure more on the center of the image rather than trying to make the whole frame properly exposed. Also I added a little exposure compensation too fine tune the exposre.

I took a lot of images, and you can see my photography gets better throughout the concert as I was learning. I think all of those pictures were ISO 1600

annie said...

I'm glad to see you are finding time to learn and grow. I would love to learn more about photography myself. I looked into classes at the college, but they cost way too much!