Monday, November 9, 2009

Pics of our new home

It still feels like a dream, but its true. We moved into our first house last week, and have been loving every minute of it. Its so different living in a house neighborhood instead of the apartments. Neighbors are a ton more neighborly, are out taking care of their homes, and say hi to you. The first night we slept here felt like camping out in a hotel. The bathroom is huge, everything is huge! We went from 1200 sq ft to 1900, and Ethan has been running everywhere non stop.
Here is our wonderful backyard, the best part of the house. The previous owner put a lot of love into the yard, and I'm doing my best to keep it up. I love the roses and the little fence. That area is 'the secret garden'. Lady has tons of room to sniff and explore. Ethan wants to be outside all the time. It took three days of kicking and screaming to help Ethan remember that we still take naps at 1pm. I learned that I have to bring him inside 30 minutes before naptime, and help him to wind down. We found the sand box and car on craigslist. Ethan loves the car, but really loves chasing Lady around, pushing the car after her. She calmy moves out of his way, resulting in him slamming into something, falling on the ground, laughing. That's my boy, so active.
The garden boxes! I couldn't grow anything from June to August, but started again in September. I love the Vegas growing season, its so long! How many people can grow tomatoes, basil, parsley, chives, and sage in November?
I don't know how to prune yet, but have been deadheading all the old rose buds. They keep coming back, its wonderful! I remember living at my grandma's, and she had tons of rose bushes. She had me drag the hose to each area of roses, and leave it running for a bit. Here, I discovered we have a drip irrigation set up, huge bonus. Grandma could have used drip big time.

Cute, little birdhouses on the pretty fence.

The front yard has the pretty, purple, Lantana flowers. These flowers are super hardy in the Vegas heat. Oh yea, and cool trees:)

There are so many little treasures around the house, such as this tree arrangement in our front yard. I think its so pretty.

Here is our walkway, with more beautiful roses. There are some old shrubs that we'd like to pull out and make more room for the roses. There are so many projects to do for the home! One at a time, or more like, one paycheck at a time.

Kevin, at ten months, enjoying our gift from a dear neighbor back at the apartments.

Lady, just hanging out. We have these great windows in the living room that bring in so much light. We're hoping to get blinds/shutters soon for the home.

The great, big kitchen! At last, a kitchen bigger than a handicapped bathroom stall, with so much counter space! This has been a great thing to adjust to:) Our first project was replacing the garbage disposal. Installing a new one can get challenging. Shaun and I were on the floor, reaching underneath the sink, trying to screw the new one in. It was so heavy and cumbersome, but we did it together! Go Hatch team.
The pretty view of the roses we see each day.

Ethan discovered the joy of climbing into the cupboards, true toddler activity.
Peek a boo:)
Look who's in charge now! Kevin's been getting some wild hair lately. He's getting big, huh?
The living room leading into the kitchen.

That's our home tour! The TV is on less, which is great. We are outside a lot, taking walks around the neighborhood, exploring the home. There are hooks near the roof for Christmas lights, and I want to put some up! Just because we can:) Shaun has been the handy man, fixing things here and there, putting up our pictures. We've been learning how to live life in this new blessing. I learned that toddlers need some time to adjust to new surroundings, new everything! It was rough the first week, but its getting better. Much prayers involved. My favorite scripture right now is Mosiah 3:19. That darn, natural man can sure flare up when your dear toddler is being so challening. I felt like a horrible mom, losing patience all the time. I memorized this verse and keep it engraved in my heart. Its been a huge help. Scriptures are a mommy's ammo for Satan.
HERE is my favorite new recipe, its so yummy. Crock pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese. I used it for burrito fillings, quesidillas, and enchiladas. Simply yummy.
I must go tend Kevin, have a wonderful day, everyone!














5 comments:

Balm4th said...

Your house is sooo gorgeous! I can't wait to stop by and see it in person. I love all the plants and flowers.See you soon!

Melany said...

it looks great! i'm so jealous :) maybe we'll have a house in like 5 million years. those roses are awesome. the thing i'm most looking forward to in a house is STORAGE SPACE. and hanging christmas lights! who says you have to wait til december? :)

Minna and Matt Pedersen said...

Your home is gorgeous!! Congrats on this newest adventure.

Lana said...

Erin, I'm so happy for you guys- the new house looks great! I'm glad you have a cute backyard, and the landscaping is beautiful. We'll definitely have to stop by whenever we travel to CA next.

Cardalls said...

how nice to have such a beautiful yard all ready for you! Looks so nice. You will be amazed at how quickly you fill it up! We moved into our house (2000) sq. ft 6.5 years ago with 2 kids. We now have 2 more and lots more stuff and now it is feeling quite small :). Enjoy!